Iyueshaw began his career in 2015 and specializes in Moody’s AXIS, SQL Server and financial reporting. Before joining Actuarial Design, he was director of the valuation and reporting team at one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, primary insurance and insurance-related risk solutions, where he oversaw US GAAP, Canadian GAAP and Solvency II reporting for all lines of business, including individual life, critical illness, disability, long-term care and group reinsurance products. He has extensive technical knowledge, having built models in AXIS, SQL and VBA.
Some of his accomplishments include:
- Designing and building AXIS models for life, critical illness, disability, long-term care, long-term disability and reinsurance products in the Canadian, US and European markets
- Leading multiple work streams for large-scale AXIS conversion projects aimed at improving the efficiency, flexibility and auditability of E2E reporting processes
- Implementing model enhancements and functionality into existing AXIS models to support new products, assumptions and regulations
- Prototyping and deploying IFRS 17 solutions using Moody’s Link functionality globally across multiple LOBs for transition purposes, source of earnings analyses and other supplementary disclosures such as risk sensitivities and explanations of investment results
- Redesigning back-end SQL data models for data warehousing purposes to house production-related data, resulting in more auditable and efficient downstream reporting processes
- Overseeing financial reporting for a Canadian reinsurer, including valuation (US GAAP/Canadian GAAP/SII), capital (LICAT) and embedded value (SII)